Listed below are various online resources you may find helpful:
- Finger Tip Formulary Site: a handy resource for checking on Formularies
- US Immigration Services: resource for forms, new laws, etc.
- San Joaquin Public Health Services Website
- US Dept of Health & Human Services Website
- US Dept of Health & Human Services Website Resource for HIPAA
- California Medical Association (CMA) Website
- Epocrates: An excellent Drug Resource
- Hill Physicians Group Website
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Website
- Yahoo list of health related topics
One of the earliest listings of internet resources by subject, and still good. Choose the option for 'indices' to find large meta-directories of medical websites.
- Language Access Resource: Medical Leadership Council (MLC) Website
An excellent site containing information and resources relating to Language Access, Cultural Proficiency & Workforce Diversity
- CMA List of extensive Online Resources: Over 30 Categories with hundreds of sites
- Health Plan of San Joaquin Website
The SPIRAL Web site offers patient education materials on health topics in several languages, including Chinese, Cambodian/Khmer, Hmong, Laotian, Thai and Vietnamese. One strength of the site is its Web links, which help physicians and patients find additional resources across the Web. The SPIRAL site also allows users to search by language, locating all materials in a given language. SPIRAL is a joint initiative of the Tufts University Hirsh Health Sciences Library and South Cove Community Health Center in Boston.
The Web site for the Border Health Information and Education Network (¡Bien!) provides an extensive range of Spanish-language health resources for health professionals and consumers on a wide range of topics, including asthma, alcoholism, cancer, and much more. Many publications can be downloaded in Spanish directly from this site. ¡Bien! is maintained by the Border Epidemiology and Environmental Health Center and the New Mexico Outreach Office of the U.S.-Mexico Border Health Commission.
The Web site for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/Centros Para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedades is in Spanish and English and offers health education and updates on a wide range of topics, including HIV and AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases, tuberculosis, hepatitis, avian flu, other flu, genetics, drug and alcohol abuse, and child health. The CDC also provides phone assistance in English and Spanish.