San Joaquin Medical Society (SJMS) members receive access to valuable personal and professional benefits. From leadership opportunities to educational tools and beyond, we provide everything our members need to thrive.
Through the larger network of the California Medical Association (CMA), the SJMS represents the interests of organized medicine to policymakers in San Joaquin County and the state legislature.
The SJMS encourages the professional growth of our members by offering opportunities to serve on the Board of Directors, committees, SJMS’s delegation to the CMA House of Delegates, and other leadership positions.
NETWORKING & EDUCATION
Make connections with local peers at SJMS hosted educational and social events throughout the year. Attend in-person seminars, or view on-demand webinars for CME credit.
OFFICE MANAGERS FORUM
The Office Manager’s Forum empowers physicians and their medical staff via expert-lead educational sessions covering a broad array of topics related to the field of medical staff services, office management, billing and coding, human resources, accounting and back office support.
Stay informed with a subscription to SJMS’s quarterly magazine, San Joaquin Physician
Members get complimentary access to a photo directory of the entire SJMS membership.
Membership in the SJMS is open to Physicians who live and/or work within Alpine, Amador, Calaveras or San Joaquin counties, who possess an un-revoked and unsuspended U.S. doctor of medicine (MD) or doctor of osteopathic medicine (DO) certificate, or a recognized international equivalent; and resident physicians who are attending an accredited residency or fellowship with our service area.
- Regular Active (Practicing Physician): Physicians possess an un-revoked and unsuspended U.S. Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) certificate, or a recognized international equivalent and reside and/or work in one of SJMS’s member counties
- Government Employed Physician: county-employed physicians
- Part-time Active Physician: Physicians ages 65 or older who practice under 20 hours per week
- Retired Physician: Regular Active Physicians Members of any age who are fully retired from the practice of medicine (Regular Active membership must be held for 1 full year prior to be eligible for this status)
- Resident Physician: Resident, intern or fellow physician enrolled in accredited medical training, intern or fellowship programs in one of SJMS’s member counites
Membership in the CMA is mandatory to be a member of the SJMS. We believe the key to our organization’s strength is its excellent collaborative relationships with CMA and other county chapters. Furthermore, the dual membership helps support state and local activities as well as providing you with additional member benefits.
SJMS accepts payment by check, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express credit cards. You can remit a lump-sum payment or set up a monthly installment plan with a credit card. To sign up for the monthly installment plan, contact SJMS at 209-952-5299.
SJMS and CMA dues are not deductible as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes but may be partially deductible as a business expense. To find out the percentage of your current year's dues that cannot be deducted as a business expense for federal income tax purposes (typically around 33%), please see your invoice or consult with your CPA or Tax Consultant.